This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
GUYS it’s August. How is that even possible?! I feel like we’re racing towards the end of the year and the holiday season will be here before we know it…mainly because for me the holiday season kicks off in October because Halloween is my FAVE.
I did something a little different for my July small goals and it really helped keep me on track. I wrote my small goals down on a sticky note and kept it in my planner. Simple, right? This really helped guide me and is a big part of why I was able to accomplish a lot, even in the midst of a crazy month! Per usual, I’m linking up with Nicole of Writes Like a Girl so make sure to check out her small goals, too! Here’s how last month went:
Record 2 YouTube videos– Check! One is live (check it out here!) and the other is going up later this week!
- Grow Instagram to 3500 – Nope. Not there yet.
Get back to blogging 3x per week– Check! Really proud of how many posts I was able to put out this past month, honestly. So thanks for reading them 🙂
- Send out 3 newsletters – Okay okay, so I only got two out but I’m still happy with it!
Keep my nails looking fresh all month– Check! I wore Jamberrys for the majority of the time, which makes it a lot easier. For some reason, I just always feel better when my nails look fly so I’m sticking with this for August, too! (I’m hosting an online Jamberry party right now if you’re interested in ordering anything! Feel free to ask any questions you might have in the comments or via social media!)
3 out of 5 isn’t too terrible, especially since I made progress on the other two goals! Here’s what I’ve got lined up for August:
- Continue working out at least 4x per week – Due to some unexpected life changes, I’ve had to put my Kaia membership on hold. Continuing to work out daily is going to be TOUGH for me but I really don’t want to lose all the progress I’ve made. I’ll be doing T25 workouts at home daily – wish me luck!
- Don’t spend any more money – I’m taking a trip to Chicago (more on that later) and have already spent a LOT of money for that. I’m challenging myself to not spend a dime on myself the rest of the month, which is not going to be easy. Retail therapy is one of my favorite things, but for real…I shouldn’t spend any more.
- Get back on track with Pinterest – I took Melyssa Griffin’s Pinfinite Growth class earlier this year and it made a HUGE difference in my traffic. The last few months I’ve been pretty lazy with my Pinterest strategy and my page views have taken a nose dive. Time to get that back on track…especially since I pay to use BoardBooster every month!
- Design some dang business cards – Y’all I haven’t had blog business cards in over a year. It’s so embarrassing. Gotta fix that like….now. (Except I won’t be printing them this month because of #2 unless I happen to get some unexpected blog income.)
- Use MyFitnessPal to track eating daily – With all this working out, it’s time I really get it together with my eating. Calorie counting is bad for some people, but for me it’s the best way for me to actually pay attention to what I eat. Also, all summer our gas station has been doing free fountain drinks so this Coca Cola addict is kind of glad that’s over. So. Many. Calories.
- Bonus: Enjoy the heck out of Chicago – What’s better than a (semi) last minute trip to Chicago? A trip where I get to take photos with Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny and Carrie Fisher. I’ll be heading to Wizard World Chicago August 18-21 and I can hardly contain my excitement! Make sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with everything and, of course I’ll be doing a recap post after the event.
Alright, I guess it’s time to write these goals on a post-it and hop to ’em! Don’t forget to check out Writes Like a Girl to see everyone else’s small goals are and to get inspired!