This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Shirt c/o Shannon Gray Design
I’ve done a post about my “uniform” before (here) and there’s a reason for that – they make life easier! I’m a firm believer in having some go-to outfit formulas, even if you have an eclectic style like me. My outfits don’t typically look the same, but often times they are made up of similar elements. Well you guys, today I’m sharing my “for real” daily uniform. Not my uniform for going out, or when I want to look really cute, but my straight up everyday uniform. It’s simple but I like to think it’s a step above grabbing whatever you can from your closet. 5 elements (but really 4) and you’re all set.
How to replicate my everyday uniform:
- First up, start with a good ol’ tshirt. Yep, a tshirt. I’m a blogger and I’m telling you my everyday uniform consists of tshirts….I love them! I’ve gushed about my love for tshirts before, so I won’t get into that too much here, but the short version is I love to express myself with what’s literally on my chest. Be sure to read below to learn more about this particular tee and why it means so much to me.
- Add a good pair of denim. Note I didn’t say expensive, practical or plain. I just mean whatever denim you like – lately that has meant destroyed denim for me because I love how much personality they have, but use whatever denim you like! Mix it up!
- Throw on a favorite pair of shoes (preferably not tennis shoes). Now I’m not here to hate on tennies, but if you pair tennis shoes with jeans and a tshirt, you’re probably not going to look like you planned your outfit. And that’s not what we want. My go-to shoes are booties (chunky heeled ones work great!), mules, cute flats, loafers or even a pair of heels. Obviously base your shoe around whatever you’ll be doing that day – if it’s a casual date night, go for the heels! If you’re going to be running errands, choose something more comfortable.
- Finish it off with a completer piece. This right here is the key, people. This is how you take your look from “I woke up like this” to “I planned this” – you’re going to look like you did a LOT more work on this look than you really did. Add a completer piece like a statement necklace, vest, cardigan, moto jacket, denim jacket, blazer or scarf to elevate your look. I promise you will be *amazed* at how bomb this combo is.
- Minimize other accessories. Honestly this look doesn’t need a whole lot more. This is still a casual, everyday look so we don’t want to get too extra – here I threw on a small choker but I could’ve done earrings instead. Maybe a watch but that’s really about it.
It’s SO easy, you guys! And I love it because this formula is timeless, no matter how your style evolves you can always go back to this formula, the outfits themselves might just look a tad different. Who knows, in two years I might be wearing wide leg jeans instead of destroyed skinnies (but probably not)!
About the shirt:
As I’m sure most of you know, before moving to Denver earlier this year I spent my entire life in Texas. I may not be your stereotypical Texan, but the state will always hold a special place in my heart. So when Denver graphic designer Shannon Gray reached out to me about her “Come Hell or High Water” shirt benefiting the Houston Food Bank and the Greater Houston Community Foundation, I was thrilled to work together. As we all know, the devastation in Houston (and other parts of Texas) was SO severe and with all of the disasters happening in our country, natural and otherwise, it’s really easy to forget about something that happened just two months ago. I know there’s only so much each one of us can do personally but if you’re able, definitely grab one of these beautifully designed tees and show your support for the great state of Texas.
- What’s your go-do everyday uniform?
- Are you a tshirt lover like me?