This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Full disclosure, I am writing this post after spending five days in bed, courtesy of the flu. I just needed to write something, but my brain isn’t in the best shape right now. So…here’s a list of things I want to do right now but can’t, because I have the flu.
- Laundry. Today I finally took some clothes down to the basement and then literally had to rest for an hour to recover.
- Purge my makeup drawer. I have at least a few things I KNOW I want to get rid of, but I don’t want to get my germy hands on anything until I know I’m not contagious anymore.
- Go buy Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Honestly, my plan was to send my husband to do this but he has been waiting on me hand and foot for the last five days, so this will just wait until I’m feeling better.
- Exercise. I feel like I’m going CRAZY not being able to work out at all. I’ve done a bit of stretching here and there but my brain wants more.
- Make my own food. Bless my husband for taking care of me (and he’s done an amazing job) but I’m so tired of feeling helpless.
- Drive. I drove one mile to the doctor yesterday and I’ll be honest, it probably was not the safest thing to do.
- Clean the house. It’s a disaster, y’all.
- Fix my hair/do my makeup/get dressed. Yesterday I did make it out of sweatpants (but it was into leggings and it was only to go to the doctor – ps it’s been over 24 hours and I’m still wearing the same leggings #glamorous).
- Grocery shop. I have a full list of groceries but no energy to go get them (seriously considering doing the grocery store pickup just this once – usually I’m too cheap to spend the money on it).
- Go see Uncut Gems. I’ve been DYING to see this movie since the first trailer came out and the stars just haven’t aligned. Y’all cross your fingers that it’s still in theaters when I’m feeling better!
Thank goodness I’m on the up and up now but y’all….I just want to feel normal again! This is definitely a MAJOR reminder to prioritize getting my flu shot every year. I work from home so I kind of shrugged it off and said “eh I don’t see that many people anyway” which is so ridiculous. Of course I still interact with tons of people, especially since I travel a lot! If you’re able to, please please get the flu shot. Don’t be like me. It puts you at risk, but it also puts people who can’t get the shot at risk. Do your part. Also wash your hands a ton, especially when you’re traveling (gross).