This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BioreFizz #CollectiveBias
Ahhhh travel. Everyone loves travel (and it’s great!) but let’s be honest, it can be a little difficult on the beauty routine. I travel about once a month and if there’s one thing I’ve realized it’s that I have to keep my skin care regimen consistent, even while traveling. Using various sample products instead of maintaining a routine has led to breakouts, dry patches, excess redness and oily skin in the T-zone. Not cute.
Here are my 5 must-have products for keeping your beauty routine in tip top shape when you’re on the go!
1. A good lip balm. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve forgotten this while traveling, but it happens. Especially if you’re traveling to an area that’s drier than the climate you live in, a good lip balm is essential! Those lips are going to crack, which can turn into a painful (not to mention unfortunate looking) situation. I really lather that stuff on at night to help repair any damage I did the day before with matte lipstick (oops).
2. A trusty everyday cleanser. No matter how much you want to, do NOT skip out on cleansing morning and night. Lately I’ve been reaching for the new Bioré Baking Soda Pore Cleanser, it’s lightly scented but gentle enough that it doesn’t irritate my super sensitive skin. This daily pore cleanser dissolves deep down dirt & oil while gently exfoliating. Traveling and being out and about always makes my skin feel worse than normal, so a gentle daily exfoliation works wonders.
3. A scrub. This one is SO important, especially if you’re going to be gone for more than just a day or two. Skipping out on regular exfoliation while traveling is going to mess you up, but I know how annoying it is to have to take another cleanser with you (especially if you’re only taking a carry-on). Enter: Bioré Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub.
My favorite part about this product is that it deep cleans and gently exfoliates, so it’s perfect for sensitive skin. Want a more intense scrub? Use a small amount of water. Need something a little more gentle like me? Add more water.
4. A moisturizer (preferably one with SPF!) After you do all that awesome cleansing and exfoliating, make sure to follow up with a moisturizer. This is going to keep your skin looking and feeling it’s best. When combined with the Bioré Baking Soda Cleansing Scrub, say au revoir to those dry patches! Also if you forgot body lotion, make sure to throw that moisturizer on your hands at night – a little dab should work and you’ll thank yourself in the morning.
5. Dry shampoo. I know this isn’t a skin product like everything else, but to me dry shampoo is an essential part of my daily routine and a total lifesaver when traveling. I try to avoid washing my hair on vacation unless I’m gone more than a week, that way I don’t have to worry about taking shampoo/conditioner, heat protectant, styling products and a blow dryer. A trusty travel sized can of dry shampoo saves me a lot of time (and suitcase space!)
What are your travel must-have beauty products? Leave a comment below!