This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
It’s a new month so you know what THAT means (Halloween is over….which is really sad). But more importantly, it’s time to review last month’s small goals and set some new ones! Per usual, I’m linking up with Nicole of Writes Like a Girl blog so be sure to head over and check out her post + posts from everyone else who linked up to get inspired!
Make some changes to the Everyday Unicorns shop– Done! In case you haven’t heard, you can now shop Everyday Unicorns straight from this blog! AND I’ve opened an Etsy shop, too! Annnnnd (I haven’t really shared this yet), I have a few brand ambassadors! Design some fall and winter designs– ALSO DONE! Eeeeek and I’m so dang stoked about it. You can shop long sleeve tees here and sweatshirts/hoodies here!
- Finish the online courses I’ve started – …..nah. I did work on them, actually! But I didn’t finish.
- Keep a tidy house – Nahhhh. I wish I had done this because I think it would’ve made me less stressed buuuuut nope.
- Establish a holiday season plan for my blog and Everyday Unicorns – Not really. I started to think about it for my shop but that’s about as far as I got. Honestly I’m not sure how much holiday content I’ll do on the blog, which is like a cardinal sin of blogging but…eh.
2 out of 5 but I’m really happy with the two that I completed. They were VERY time consuming, even more than I thought they would be, so I’m not going to beat myself up over it. Okay okay, here’s what’s on deck for November:
- Thrift first and shop small – We’re entering the biggest shopping season of the year, and I want to make sure I’m more intentional this time around. When it comes to shopping for myself (holiday party outfits, etc), I want to make sure I thrift first. Over the last year or so, I haven’t been thrifting as much which is so silly! This past weekend, I went thrifting and bought a coat, skirt, earrings, and choker (the jewelry was brand new) all for $24! Thrifting for gifts can be harder, so if I’m not able to do that, I want to focus on shopping small. It might mean less gifts for each person, but they will be meaningful, ethically made, and will put a smile on a small business owner’s face.
- Have a Black Friday strategy – I don’t want to set a sales goal, but I DO want to make sure I have a Black Friday strategy in place for Everyday Unicorns so I’m not caught off guard. Less than three weeks to prepare!
- Enjoy time at home with Thanksgiving – I’m going to be spending a whole week in Texas this month, and I want to make sure I actually ENJOY it. Lots of rest, minimum stress, and maybe even a blog break that week. I just want to make sure I’m present since time with family and Texas friends is pretty limited now.
- Make my physical health a top priority again – I’m sure a lot of you guys can relate, and I know I’ve said it before, but when things get tough my physical health goes out the window. Which is a real bummer because that makes my anxiety worse but I still can’t seem to convince myself of that when I’m “in the moment.” So I’m going to make slow changes and get my health back on track, starting with (minimum) 3 workouts per week and 1 healthy meal per day this month.
That’s about it! I’m keeping it relatively simple this month, but what do you have up your sleeve? Let me knowwwwww.