This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
AKA where have I been since the end of 2018.
Goal making is great, and now is the season to look ahead BUT how often do we take the time to actually reflect? We spend so much time go-go-going that we don’t appreciate how far we have come. I’m not going to lie, making this list really brought me a lot of pride and gratitude. 2019 was a big year is growth for me! So here are a few things I accomplished in 2019:
- A costume department from a network tv show (Madam Secretary) bought shirts from my shop. I don’t think they ever made it on camera, but I was still so proud that they even considered my work for something like that!
- I packed my car FULL, drove it to Vegas and sold my goodies at a comic con. (I also made money at that con, even after all the major travel expenses!)
- I turned 30 and didn’t freak out about it too much!
- I took two different trips with friends
- After the Vegas con, I stayed a few extra days and my besties Sevi and Stephanie came to Vegas to celebrate my 30th birthday! It was such an amazing time especially since I don’t live in Texas anymore so my time with them is limited.
- In October, Lindsay and I went to Chicago for Ace Comic Con! More on that in a bit.
- I told myself I wanted to meet Taron Egerton and I did it! Rocketman was easily the most important film I saw this year so after my first viewing, I told Lindsay we would go to a con if he was ever announced. Sure enough a few months later he was added to the Ace Comic Con lineup so Lindsay and I started planning our trip! I’ll write a full post about the con because it was AMAZING!
- I closed my business. This was super bittersweet but I’m proud of myself for doing it. Click here to read why.
- I sold Fiercely products at a bunch of markets (before I closed it down, obviously).
- I went full time at my job (and it’s a job I love and am passionate about!)
- I went to a Paul McCartney show (my fourth one I think) and sat on the floor alone. It was magical.
- I went to more social events in Denver to meet more people
- I saw my first Broadway show (actually three! Tootsie, Network and, unfortunately, King Kong)
- I met and shared my tattoo with Bryan Cranston. Of course he was an absolute angel about it. Read the whole story here.
- I started training on Aaptiv and (related) made major strides in relationship with food and exercise!
- I started thrifting first instead of just periodically for random things
- I spent more quality time with my husband
- We fostered three wonderful puppies (and I am really itching to foster more – just have to stop traveling for a bit).
I would really encourage you to sit down and think through your year – what did you accomplish? I bet it’s a lot more than you give yourself credit for ?