This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you click and/or make a purchase, I may earn a few cents at no additional cost to you. Any products gifted by a brand will be marked "c/o." Thanks for helping make this blog possible! <3
Today’s the day, people! Jurassic World opens and I could not be more excited about it. I mean honestly, I’m trying not to get my hopes up TOO much but it’s almost impossible. I’ve avoided all the extra sneak peeks and trailers that have come out the last few weeks and have watched the first three movies in the last few days so I am 100% ready.
Since I’m a Jurassic Park/dinosaur fanatic, I decided to commit a full week to Jurassic Park outfits. For most people this would be a difficult task but…I have plenty of dino apparel and accessories to last a full week. The only challenge was making the outfits feel pulled together and chic instead of just wearing jeans and a t shirt. Even if you’re not a Jurassic Park fan (shame on you), I’m sure you have some cool band shirts tucked away that you might not be wearing except to lounge – I’m here to give you some tips and tricks to put those shirts to good use and look FAB doing it.
1. Wear a skirt. I live for stretchy pencil skirts in the summer, they’re super comfy and they keep me from sweating profusely like jeans do. I can NEVER find denim shorts that fit me well, so skirts are the next best option! Throw on a t shirt with a stretchy skirt and you’re set (check out another stretchy skirt outfit here)! Of course you can also pair it with an A-line skirt, I’m not going to elaborate too much on this because I’ve done it so many times before (like here), but an a-line with a t shirt is a match made in heaven. Dress it up with heels or down with flat booties!
2. Add a necklace! You know how much I love jewelry (as evidenced by this post and this one), and wearing them with graphic t shirts is one of my best style secrets. Add a statement necklace and you automatically make it look like you “tried” a lot harder than if you don’t have one on!
4. Use the rule of threes. This is a little harder during the Texas summer, but anytime you add a third piece, your outfit is going to look more pulled together than without one. So instead of just wearing a skirt and a t shirt, add a blazer/vest/cardigan/button down and you’re tying the whole look together. If you don’t have one, I highly recommend investing in a denim vest (I bought mine at Buffalo Exchange!), it’s the perfect summer layering piece because it doesn’t add too much bulk.
That’s it! Of course you can combine any of these three tips but even one is going to elevate your look. So don’t hesitate to bust out those t shirts, just take the extra time to think it through and you’ll look MUCH more chic than you did in the yoga pant-wearing days of the past 🙂
Got an outfit post to share? Link it up below!!! Here’s what to do:
1. Subscribe to my newsletter and/or follow me on social media! (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
2. Link up a favorite outfit post from your blog! If it is made of threads, it works for Thursday Threads!
3. Visit some other blogs from the link up!